Sunday, August 08, 2010

Swimming

We've been taking Relia to pools almost every day lately. We talk about swimming but of course none of the pools she goes in are deeper than two feet (if that). This afternoon I happened upon some kind of swimming meet and called her in to look at it.
Absolutely enraptured. Pretty much demanded that we take her to an Olympic sized pool. I told her that it was kind of deep and would be over her head. She heatedly told me that she would get bigger and be able to touch. Fair enough.
-
This made me miss the Olympics. I love that random sport feel of the broadcasts as if they're pulling events out of a hat. You never know if you'll end up watching swimming, running or maybe the discus. (Well, you can always cheat and check the listings but I think you know what I mean.)
The next summer Olympics are in 2012 in London. Frankly, I don't want them any sooner. Once very four years is about right. And I don't expect to be searching out more swimming on TV.
But today . . . today, it's just right.

4 comments:

DD4 said...

You could bring her over to my pool. She'll need a floaty device, of course. It could be refreshing. Perhaps Sarah could find one on Craig's list.

Peder said...

We have a floaty. An innertube that looks like a stripey fish.

DD4 said...

Then, it looks like we're all set.

Kate said...

Do you read www.rudecactus.com? His daughter insisted on joining swim team at 4 years old. She LOVES IT!