Sunday, October 31, 2010

Elephants on Parade!

Months ago we asked Relia what she wanted to be for Halloween. She told us she wanted to be an elephant. She wanted Felix to be an elephant too. We asked again and again and she told us the same thing. Elephants.
So that's what we did. We went to the zoo yesterday and the FP Gal put up photos here. Both of them are adorable (natch) but I'd like to talk about Felix. He could hardly have looked more like Dumbo. I don't know if it's the innocent smile but I suspect that it is. And the outsize ears. I wanted to booze him up and see if he could fly but the FP Gal said no.
Relia has been cute in her own way. She has enjoyed trumpteting. Not the big shrill elephant size noises. More like little girl hooting. She did it at the zoo yesterday and we could keep track of her easily.
I don't know what they'll dress as next year but they'll have to work awfully hard to beat the cuteness of 2010.

3 comments:

Kate said...

He DID look like dumbo. Where's his feather?

Peder said...

He had one for a moment but then he wanted to eat it so it was taken away.

Meigan said...

Haha. I kept the feather but he left me his keys. Are you missing them?

We have them in our cache of random baby toys. Just another excuse to get together again.