Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Preschool

Today was Relia's first day of preschool. (I dutifully took some pictures this morning and I'm assuming that the FP Gal can work her magic and insert them in here.) This wasn't really a bittersweet moment. For one, she's been going to this same spot for three years. Which doesn't seem possible but she really started there in October of 2007(!).
Getting her all packed up took about 45 minutes this morning. I had to make certain that she had enough clothes and various other sundries. As it was I still forgot her contact information sheet. Well, it'll get there tomorrow.
Relia has been anticipating this day for some weeks now. She has a dress that she's been calling her 'preschool dress' since sometime in August. Got her in it and insisted that she wear pants underneath. She wanted to accessorize with a separate skirt; I told her maybe tomorrow.
Got to preschool and discovered that she has a different cubby now. But she still sits in the same spot in the morning. Gets the same cereal from them. And right about now her Nana is picking her up for the rest of the day. I'm sure she'll have stories to tell us.
I'm so proud of her!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Very exciting! I hope she had a great day!

DD4 said...

I wasn't sure this was going to happen for her this year, but I'm happy that it worked out. It's great that's she was excited about going. I'll look forward to the pictures.

Pat said...

Of course you are proud of her. She makes it very easy for you to be. I have a feeling that Relia will not only do just fine in preschool she will do great. I wish I were her preschool teacher.