Saturday, January 15, 2011

Playoffs

Ok, so last week I didn't do so well. I went 1-3 while my flipped coin went an incredible 0-4. (Well, not incredible. The odds of losing four 50-50 chances are 1 and 16.) Let's see if I can do any better this weekend, or alternately, if I can pick all four losers!

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (Steelers favored by 3)
These are two of the most physical teams in the league. Both are hard hitting. These two are in the same division and play each other at least twice each year. Their games are almost always close. Which makes me lean towards picking the Ravens. Nah, I have a feeling that the Steelers will roll today.

Green Bay at Atlanta (Falcons favored by 2.5)
Oh, I want to pick the Falcons here. They had the best record in the NFC. They've had a week off. The Packers have a tendency to self destruct every once in a while. The Falcons should be pumped and ready to play. But I still believe that the Packers will make me miserable somehow.

New York Jets at New England (Patriots favored by 8.5)
Another rivalry game. This time I think that the Jets are overrated and that the Pats are probably the best team in the league right now. I'll go Pats in a big way.

Seattle at Chicago (Bears favored by 10)
The Seahawks go on the road. They easily have the worst record of the remaining teams. But they seem to have something going. And I don't trust Jay Cutler even a little bit. I'll pick the Seahawks.

The coin?
Ravens
Packers
Patriots
Bears

No comments: