Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2010 Oscar Noms

The 2010 Oscar nominations were announced today. The Best Picture noms were:

Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone


I don't know that there were any movies surprisingly left off of this list. In fact, if you compare this list with the older five movie lists, you start to see more commercially viable movies. It's not just the art house list that we saw for a few years.
I've only seen three of them. 'Inception', 'Social Network' and 'Toy Story 3'. I haven't blogged about this but I didn't really care for 'Toy Story 3'. That would leave either 'Inception' or 'Social Network' for movies that I have an informed opinion of and either one would be a worthy winner.
Anyone see the others? How were they? What should win here?

4 comments:

DD4 said...

My friend, Nancy, saw "The King's Speech" last weekend and said it was fabulous - a MUST see!

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Peder, "The King's Speech" should easily win. Best film I've seen the entire year, and you're talking to a Pixar fan. When my younger sister and I think the same film is the greatest film of the year, well...that's really saying something, considering our respective tastes.

Anonymous said...

If Toy Story made the list so should Tangled!

Meigan said...

Well I loved Black Swan. Watching True Grit soon - will let you know.

But why oh why didn't "Hot Tub Time Machine" make the cut??? Or "Nightmare on Elm Street 2010" for that matter?

Who picks these things anyway...