Sunday, February 04, 2007

Random (Super) Sunday thoughts


  • I'll start with the sports stuff. I'm rooting for the Colts for various reasons, the biggest of which is that I'm a big Dungy fan. I'm expecting the Bears to win for one simple reason, the bye week. That extra week means that this comes down to coaching and I think that Lovie Smith is a better X's and O's guy. If I was putting money on this, I'd take the Bears. (Especially if you gave me the 7 points that the Colts are favored by.)
  • Of the four major outcomes of this game (Colts blowout, Bears blowout or close game won by either squad) none of them would surprise me.
  • Cirque de Soliel did the pregame. I looked for the Malaka-Laka board of peace but I didn't see it.
  • Non sports stuff? Everyone should have a nemesis and I seem to have found mine. It's the wandering Menace-at-the-Mall, the shark mascot. Don't let his cheery look fool you. If he could he'd eat you and your entire family.
  • That's it!

5 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Oh, you don't actually KNOW those people in the shark picture? Here I was, trying to figure out who they were. I imagine you having a relationship with the shark like Chris has with the Evil Monkey. Hans and I are sad that you missed Cirque du Soliel...it was pretty damn funny! Unfortunately, the children both nailing their heads in rapid succession kept us from really enjoying it.

Sarita said...

The Monkey analogy is perfect! Today, the shark pointed menicingly at us as we walked by. I have no idea why he is out to get Peder.

Peder said...

Guess I should stop wearing my 'Mackrel Blood' colgne.

DD4 said...

Congratulations to the Colts! I enjoyed watching the game (too bad about the rain, though) and the commercials. My favorite commercial was the Budweiser one that started with the white dog being chased away from the butcher shop window.

Brian said...

I posted a comment about your short story. I don't see it now. I really enjoyed it. I can picture where it takes place. Good job!