Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Holiday movies

The FP Gal and I have adopted a (hit or miss) tradition of matching movies with certain holidays.
New Years - When Harry Met Sally
Groundhog Day - Groundhog Day
Valentine's Day - The Man with Two Brains
Opening Day - Bull Durham
Fourth of July - Forest Gump
Halloween - Young Frankenstein
Thanksgiving - (The FP Gal wants Accidental Tourist but I don't agree.)
Christmas - The Christmas Story, Love Actually, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf

Anyone else got anything?

3 comments:

carrster said...

I think About a Boy is another good Christmas movie (loosely). It's my fave anyway! (any time of year).

I also like Nightmare Before Christmas for Halloween

(and I love how "opening day" is considered a holiday in your house - hee hee!)

Sarita said...

In defese of Accidental Tourist, I don't think it is such a wonderful movie, but I love when William Hurt's sister tells us why she loves his editor:

He ate my turkey {cooked at 200 degrees for 12 hours}, and he didn't get sick.

Electromotive Force said...

My family always used to watch
"Harvey" at Easter time. James Stewart hanging out with a pooka . . .what's not to like?

From Carrie