Sunday, February 11, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine - 2006

This is a fun quirky road trip movie. It highlights suburban angst as it follows a screwed up extended family. The grandfather is a junkie, the uncle survived a suicide attempt, etc. They all pile into an old VW bus to take an 800 mile roadtrip to a child beauty pagent. They run into problems and learn some things about themselves. They push each other away and end up closer than ever. (They also push the bus several times.)
This was a good but not great movie. Quirky and fun but not much more. I'm surprised that it got a Best Picture nominee. (BTW, I'll accept that this might have been a better movie to see in a theater than in the comfort of our own home. Still don't see this as a great movie.)

1 comment:

carrster said...

I'm just so happy when something is ORIGINAL and if it makes me laugh-out-loud well, that's pretty cool too. The horn honking bit had me nearly peeing on the couch.