Friday, May 30, 2008

Biggest loser update

Our contest at work ended today and I was pretty happy with my final score. In the last four weeks I've lost eight pounds. This isn't a sustainable rate mostly because my dieting self will has reached an end. I've been dreaming about a bacon cheeseburger off and on for the last ten days or so.
Still, I've learned some stuff that will help. Some homemade sandwiches during the day and smaller portions at night, nothing very late at night. Some veggie-burgers, and frankly they're so convenient on our pizza maker, that I'd keep them up anyway.
The Wii should help, especially if we track down the Fit game. Even without it we're both doing Sports on a nightly basis and even keeping track of our 'fitness age'. Combined with our regular walks and this should make some kind of difference.
The trick to making a lifestyle change is to make yourself want to do it. That's the beauty of the Wii; you're playing games all the time. Right now the FP Gal is knocking the stuffing out of a series of boxing bags. This is something she probably would never do in real life. What a great thing!

2 comments:

Meigan said...

Congrats, man! That's great! And bacon cheeseburgers are soooo overrated.

Kate said...

Slim Fast is totally overrated also. Stick with the walks and the Wii. It's more fun!