Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sleep

Everyone warned us that new parents don't get much sleep. We nodded along and agreed but thought that the price was well worth it. Then Relia came and she surprised us by sleeping through the night. Well, most nights anyway. We had the occasional week or so when she was fussy but we chalked it up to growth spurts.
Now that the teeth are starting to come in it's not going so easily. She's up several times between midnight and 430a, when we finally give in and bring her to bed with us. Bonus fact, not only can I now sleep through crying baby but repeated blows to the back of the head don't faze me in the slightest. As long as I sleep with my back turned to her we're fine. Otherwise she can poke me in the eyes and I can't ignore that.

And I'm back after settling her. Heard her crying on the speaker and went to check on her. By the time I got there she had fallen back to sleep, laying on her belly with her legs folded and her butt in the air. That's our little cutie pie.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Ahhh, teething. God bless the man who invented whiskey.