Saturday, May 10, 2008

Biggest loser

A few weeks back they asked me at work to participate in a 'biggest loser' contest. I felt very qualified and agreed. Then I found out that it had nothing to do with my Star Trek knowledge and everything to do with that spare tire around my middle.
So I told the FP Gal and she was supportive. Our groceries are now a bit healthier and I'm cutting out french fries for the month of May. I can tell you that veggie burgers aren't that bad. They don't taste like beef but as long as you take them for what they are, you'll be fine.
The second weigh in was yesterday and I lost four pounds in the first week. I've tinkered with diets before and know that the first part is always very easy. Three weeks from now I'll be dreaming about bacon cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes. Will power, will power...

3 comments:

Brian said...

Good luck! Is there a prize?

Test said...

Good luck! I need something like that to get my arse in gear.

Kate said...

I wish I could round up a group of friends for this, but they're all doing it with some other work group. In my office, it's just me and one other gal. We're always trying to lose weight, so there's no contest there. Good luck!