Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Kitties Call the Police (Again)

Got home a little early today and it's a good thing I did. After I fed the cats they got all rambunctious and started chasing each other around. They went over and around and through whatever obstacles they could find (as kitties do). Somewhere in the over and around (or possibly through) they knocked over one of our new baby gates that we haven't placed yet.

BANG

And then our alarm went off. It has a glass break detector which basically listens for loud noises. This one qualified. Suddenly there were no kitties anywhere to be seen.
I got to the alarm and canceled it out. About twenty minutes later a policeman came to the door to make sure everything was ok. He didn't need to look around or anything, just took my word that everything was fine. No harm no foul I guess.

3 comments:

Meigan said...

The police would have to move into our house with an alarm like that. Loud noises? I've never heard of such an alarm. Crazy story!

Peder said...

The idea is that the alarm will pick up the sound of a window breaking. It's only gone off about four times since it was installed (about four years ago). It seems to pick up loud sharp noises so I don't know if kids yelling would do anything.

MommyLisa said...

We have one of those...it has gone off twice I think and it is in Jake's bedroom - Teenage boy and loud! We have had ours about 5-6 years.