Saturday, November 15, 2008

Down to Rochester

We went down to Rochester tonight to visit my Aunt and Uncle and celebrate all of the November birthdays. That includes my uncle and the FP Gal, myself and now my newest nephew Marshall. This was exciting for us, because Rachel would also be there with Josiah and Annika, my other nephew and only niece. (They also met on Monday night but it was within a restaurant and without being able to run around.)
Ever see the dynamic of three children aged four, two and one? Let's just say that it becomes a complex dance of possession and ownership, while the youngest one just operates with the purity of believing that every toy is hers. One memorable moment involved Annika putting a doll to bed and Aurelia sweetly putting the covers on her. Not five seconds later Aurelia decided that the doll had slept long enough and really needed to be hugged. This was not a recipe for happiness.
It was good to see everyone. We passed the phone around and all talked with Heidi for a few minutes. My great Aunt Liz was there too and it's always good to see her too.
(Aunt Liz, the book for you is 'The Path Between the Seas' by David McCullough. You might also want to try 'Misery' by Steven King.)
Happy Birthday to everyone!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

We wish we could have been there. It was great talking to you.

Anonymous said...

I missed being there but I thought about all of you. I really would have enjoyed seeing all the kids. Happy Birthday to everyone!!!

Love, Pat

DD4 said...

This time together was very special for me, too. I loved watching the little ones play and eat their dinner. It was great!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that we were not able to stop back over to see you, Sarah, Aurelia, Rachel, Josiah, and Annika. I had a house full of company myself. I love all of the pictures though. Aurelia is a beautiful little girl with an adorable smile.

Happy Birthday!!

Cousin Lynn

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Peder, refresh my memory; is "The Path Between The Seas" the McCullough book about the Panama Canal?

I am forget.

Oh, nad it sounds as though you all had a fine time, et cetera, et cetera.

Post-script: noted children's author Tomie de Paola was at the Har-Mar B&N yesterday, so I double-dipped this weekend, and saw him with my own niece (she got a book of his autographed); EVERYone's spending time with their nieces...

Peder said...

Andrew, it is the Panama canal book.