Saturday, August 08, 2009

Anathem - Stephenson

(I've been writing quite a bit about Hugo winning novels this year. The 2009 Hugo winner will be announced tomorrow so I thought I'd look at the two nominated books that I've actually read.)

I reviewed 'Anathem' last year. You can go back and read the whole thing but the thumbnail review is that I liked it. The phrase I used was 'deeply rewarding' and I still think that. The book has wandered back into my thoughts every now and then ever since I read it. If it wins it'll certainly be well deserved.
The other day I got heads up that someone had made a trailer for the book. The result looks a bit amateurish but all of the scenes are true to the book.

Stephenson writes loooong books and the endings aren't always strong. This one was worth it.

No comments: