Saturday, August 22, 2009

Helpful

Relia helped me clear the dishwasher this morning. That meant lots of cute Relia commentary.
  • Glasses are 'Relia glasses', 'daddy glasses' or 'heavy' (glass glasses).
  • Her plates are listed by color. The smaller plates are 'Relia plates'. The bigger ones are 'daddy/mama' plates.
  • The vase was simply 'juice, all gone'.
  • The pot was 'pot, hot'.
  • She didn't get to help much with the silverware because I didn't want her playing with the knives.
She is starting to put more and more phrases together. Yesterday on the way to daycare she simply said (unprompted), "I love trucks". When I asked more questions it became clear that she loves red trucks and likes red cars. This morning we asked who has a red car and she said, "Grandma D!".
Also she turned to me and said, "I love you daddy". Pretty nice.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love you daddy? What? That tops all the others!

Pat said...

Oh--so very sweet.

MamaD4 said...

You'll never get tired of hearing I love you...

Carrie Moffett said...

At her birthday party she came up to me and said "Hi Aunt Ryan...Carrie" So, not only did she correct herself, it shows that she understands that Ryan and I are together. Sharp little girl!