Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Potty Follies

This Saturday my mom took Relia for the night. It gave us a wonderful day to ourselves and we really appreciated it. Mom brought her back to us on Sunday morning.
One thing we kind of sprung on mom is that Relia is deep into potty training (and I don't know why we haven't blogged more about it). That meant that we brought over one of Relia's little potties. They are simple things; lightweight, portable and about three parts total. One of which part is the potty seat. Which mom accidentally forgot when she packed up our angel.
A simple mistake really. Relia has more luggage for an overnight stay than I have for a week long vacation. Mom was horrified and offered to ship the seat back to us. Which sounds strange but apparently it made more sense than for one of us to drive back and forth. Cost about as much as the two gallons of gas and didn't take up our time. The package arrived yesterday afternoon and I brought it in when I got home.
We didn't open it last night because Relia was asleep. This morning she found the unopened box and became very excited. She insisted that I open it up, the entire time saying, "What's in there? What's in there?". Christmas isn't that far in the past and she's learned the lessons about presents well.
Anticipation grew as I cut through strips of tape and strained against the postal glue. She was nearly hopping up and down. And then the end opened and we could see a brown bag inside. She said, "It's beautiful!". Because that's what you say when you open up presents.
We took the bag out and she gleefully turned it over to find . . . the potty seat. Which didn't quite live up to expectations. She still said a polite thank you and we were done.
Somehow, some way, I think this was a lesson for her.

5 comments:

Kate said...

MWhahahha! THIS IS AWESOME!

carrster said...

hahaha! Too funny!!

DD4 said...

Tell Aurelia I'm sorry the package was a disappointment. She is so sweet. I wouldn't hurt her feelings for anything.

Sarita said...

I was there, and FP's version still makes me LOL

Test said...

Hilarious!!!!