Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random Life Notes

First of all, an apology to all of you. Because frankly, this month's blogging hasn't been that great. You may not be interested in the reasons, but I think actually typing them out will get me past the block and improve the future. So here goes:
  • It's been a rough month at work. January is always busy and this one has been ridiculous. Some of it has been staffing issues (we need more hires!), some of it is computer issues (need more developers!) and some of it is just normal industry stuff. Hopefully this will sort itself out soon. Otherwise stay-at-home-dad might look too tempting to stay away from.
  • There have been sleep issues with Relia. Both putting her to bed and keeping her down all night. We've had many nights with hours of fighting before she gives up and shuts down. We've had few nights where she's gone all the way through. The cumulative effect becomes pretty rough.
  • I've been distracted. Last year's reading felt driven. Not a bad thing, but by mid December I wanted a treat. So I decided to reread 'The Baroque Cycle'. Yep, nearly 3000 pages of historical fiction. Lots of fun but it's taken a kind of dedication to get through them.
  • Lastly, just plain ol' writers block. The kind of thing where you feel like no one will care about what you're writing about. Which may be true but I'm not going to let it stop me.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Which may be true but I'm not going to let it stop me.
A sign that it's natural for you, Peder. I've learned to define talent as "loving to practice."... can't remember who said that.

Kate said...

I'll just keep reading. Don't worry!