Saturday, January 09, 2010

Wild Card Weekend

Once again, I'll try to pick all eleven playoff games correctly! Once again, I'll probably lose out to the coin flip. (Parenthetical odds reflect the home team. '+' means the home team is favored while '-' means that the road team has been bet to win.)

Jets at Bengals (-2.5)
Three of this weekend games are repeats from last week. All of last weeks were blowouts but it's hard to tell if that meant anything since the losers in at least two of them weren't playing hard. This game is the only repeat which switches home teams. And I think that will make a difference. The Jets start a rookie QB on the road, and he hasn't been that great this year. I'll pick against him and go for the Bengals.
The coin says: Bengals

Eagles at Cowboys (+4)
I don't really trust either of these teams. The Cowboys played well late but they certainly have a stinker in them still. The Eagles (especially McNabb) are kind of boom and bust. I'm just guessing that the road team will zig while the home team zags. I'll pick Eagles.
Coin: Cowboys.

Ravens at Patriots (+3)
Not a replay from last week but a replay from earlier in the season. The Pats lost one of their best receivers since then. I think that the Ravens can capitalize on that. I also think that the Pats are a bit overrated, so I'll go with the Ravens.
And the coin...: Ravens.

Packers at Cardinals (even)
Easiest game of the week in my opinion. The Packers have played better than the Cards for the last couple of months. They're on the road but that hasn't bothered them. The only hesitation I have is that the Packers pass defense could suffer if the Cards have all of their receivers playing... Still, I'll go with the Packers.
Which means that the coin goes with: Packers.

No comments: