Thursday, April 21, 2011

More States

An update from last week's list.
  • Arizona - lots of desert, with cactus. Did you know that cactus have arms?!? Also, one of the deserts was painted.
  • Utah - the one with a great salty ocean. It's gray. And people ski here.
  • Nevada - more desert. People play games here. Also, Hoover dam where they turn water into electricity.
  • Idaho - It has the same state bird as the last one*. (After some prompting she told me that they grow potatoes here. I guess Idaho doesn't really stand out.)
It sounds like tomorrow is the last day of the program. She doesn't go on Friday so I think she'll miss out on two of my favorites, Washington and Oregon. I'll have to do some home teaching. Maybe we'll watch 'Goonies' and 'Snow Falling on Cedars'.
She told me that her next learning program will be about 'mans'. They'll learn what is inside that makes us tick-tock.

*This is true by the way, both of them have the Mountain Bluebird.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

What fun to hear what she is learning about the states in preschool. I'm happy she is having the opportunity.