Thursday, January 19, 2012

Car Music

I've run into a new problem. For years I've been making mix discs to play in the car (yes, I'm way behind in the whole MP3 thing). The problem used to be making sure that the music was appealing to the FP Gal, or at least not too obnoxious. I can usually hit that target.
Relia was ok because for the most part she really digs my music. The problem? She is now old enough to actually listen to the lyrics and ask what they mean.
Now, I don't listen to hardcore rap or anything like that. In fact if anything it's the old 80's emo music that presents a problem. I listen to Altered Images 'I Could be Happy' and she wants to know why the girl needs to "get away/run away". She wants to know what that 'girl' wants when I listen to the Smiths 'Please, Please, Please'.
I keep flashing to the first scene from 'High Fidelity' where John Cusack talks about the millions and millions of love songs that any given teenager will hear.

On the other hand, whenever this song comes on, the kids love it. At the end DF says 'again!'.

No comments: