Saturday, January 14, 2012

Playoffs

Meant to get this up earlier today. Whoops!

Saints (-3.5) at 49ers
A classic great defense vs great offense battle. I could see the Saints blowing them out or the 49ers grinding out a win. I'll go with the home team, San Fran here. (And yes, the picks are up late but this is how I picked them in the football pool too.)

Broncos at Patriots (-14)
On paper the Pats should win this game and win it big. And if they do win it will almost certainly be by at least the two touchdowns they're favored by. Ah, but there is the Tebow factor here. I rode it last week for the upset over the Steelers. But not this time. I think I'd enjoy a Broncos win more but I don't think they do it. I'll go with New England.

Texans at Ravens (-9)
The Texans made the playoffs for the first time this year and even won their first game. The Ravens have been there quite a bit over the last decade. I don't trust either QB. Both have great running backs and great defenses. I think that the Ravens win, but do they cover? Ah . . . yeah, I guess so. I'll pick Baltimore.

Giants at Packers (-9)
The Packers are the best team in the league this year (probably). The Giants are one of the hottest teams right now. The Giants have a more complete team, good offense and good defense. The Packers have a great offense and a lousy defense. Man, I want the Giants to win and win outright. But my history of sports rooting doesn't go that way. Sadly I'll go with Green Bay here.

Last week I went 3-1. The coin went 1-3. This week the coin picks

Saints
Patriots
Texans
Giants

No comments: