Sunday, January 22, 2012

Playoffs

I won the first two games last week to bring my overall record to 6-0. Then on Sunday the Ravens won but didn't cover and of course the Packers (thankfully) lost. So 6-2 overall going into this week. Only two games today and after them we'll know who we have in the Super Bowl.

Ravens at Patriots (-9)
Another great offense versus great defense game. On paper I'd have to go with the Pats but my gut tells me otherwise. I'll pick Baltimore and hope that they pull off the upset.

Giants at 49ers (-3)
Did you see the 49ers win last week? Incredibly emotional and the history of teams the week after emotional wins is not that great. Of course the Giants kind of did the same thing while beating the Packers. I think that whomever wins this game is also favored to win it all. Or at least that's how I'll almost certainly pick it. And I think it will be San Francisco.

There is a subtext to my picks this week. If the Ravens and 49ers meet in the Super Bowl it will be the first time in NFL history that the championship teams are coached by brothers. Which would be pretty darn cool.

No comments: