Saturday, January 07, 2012

Playoffs

Time again for my annual attempt to perfectly pick the playoffs. Ready?

Bengals at Texans (-4)
One of the things that I like about this year's playoff teams is how many down on the their luck franchises are there this year. Exhibit A is this game and it's a shame that both fans can't experience a win here. On the field it's tough to tell who should win this. Houston is a better team but they have had serious injury issues. Ah, I'll go with the home team and pick Houston.

Lions at Saints (-10.5)
The Saints are quite possibly the best team in the NFL right now. The Lions have some issues, both with talent and temperament. It's tough to see how Detroit comes through here except . . . nah, I'll still go with New Orleans.

Falcons at Giants (-3)
Like the last game this one features one team that is kind of schizo and one with a lower level of talent. Only in this one, it's two different teams. I suppose I should go with the better team, especially when they're at home but I've got a hunch that New York folds. I'll go with Atlanta.

Steelers (-8) at Broncos
Home dog in the playoffs? When the favored team's QB is working with one foot and their top running back is out? And the underdog has this year's football story of the year? Um, no. I'll go with Denver here.

As always, I'll go against a coin and see which one is better:
Bengals
Saints
Falcons
Steelers

No comments: