Wednesday, July 04, 2012

4th of July

We had a very hot Independence Day.  In fact, we're in a stretch of really hot days.  I mention the hotness today because we had some power issues.  A transformer on our block blew out.  We still had power in some places, notably the air conditioning and TV.  We did not have any internet(!) and, even worse, all of my work stuff was down.
After a couple of hours the rest of the power went out for about 45 minutes or so as they replaced the transformer.  Then it all came back up, with the blessed, blessed cool air.

We went back and forth on whether DF could stay up for fireworks or not.  It turned out no, he could not.  So I brought him home early and missed the fireworks.  He went down nice and easy.  And it turned out that my neighbors across the street put on a very professional fireworks show of their own.  (I'm curious, if you added up all of the fireworks bought in a two block radius of our house, would it exceed the amount spent on the fireworks at the big show down at the park?  It might, and I mean that in all seriousness.)

I hope everyone had a wonderful and thoughtful 4th of July.

No comments: