Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kid in the Hall

Last night Relia woke up from some kind of nightmare.  Apparently she dreamed that she was fighting with the FP Gal.  When I caught up with her, she was getting ready to storm into the bedroom so she could continue the fight.  Imagine being woken up so that someone can unload on you because of some dream that you had! 
It took me more than an hour to get her calmed down to the point where I could get her back to sleep. 
My Relia, my dear, dear sweet Relia is getting the disposition of a trail mule.  She has decided that there is no room for compromise or surrender.  None! 
Dag, I'm sick of it.

I don't know how long this will go on but I certainly hope not much longer.  This must be some kind of phase, right?  Something that she'll grow out of.  It kind of feels like we get her teenage years ahead of time. 
To make things even better, DF is also going through a test-the-power phase of his own.  So they start to do relays.  It's not as bad from him because I know this phase, and I know that it won't last all that long.  (Also, he hasn't figured out how to get out of his crib at night.  I'm wondering how long we can keep him in there!)

As I was writing this, Relia woke again.  The FP Gal went up to settle her and after a bit called me up to help.  She was sitting in bed doing this "hmmph" thing (which couldn't be more irritating) and refusing to talk.  I finally told her that if she wouldn't talk, I would just leave and she could figure it out on her own.  She told me that she wanted momma.  I made her promise to actually talk to the FP Gal before I left. 
Oh, you better sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Pat said...

No one said parenting was going to be easy. With that being said I feel compelled to say that I like the way you parent. Yep--very much. And FP gal does a good job also.

carrster said...

Lordy! All I can say is, I feel your pain - INTENSELY! Dahlia is full of stubbornness, "I-know-everything"-ness, sprinkled with lots of Sass. Lord help us! And then she is the sweetest, most ridiculously adorable, affectionate girl ever. Keeps ya on your toes, right?!