Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten Eve

Relia starts kindergarten tomorrow.  It's hard for me to believe that she can possibly be old enough for that to be true, but it apparently is.  She's excited and a little scared.  Both are very understandable. 
I'm trying to think back to my own first day of school and I can't quite get there.  I remember wishing I could have started a year earlier, like the neighbor girl did, but I don't remember many of the details.  No doubt there is a picture of that first day.  (And yes, I'll make certain to get a picture tomorrow morning!)
I'm very certain that she is ready.  She is out-going and brave.  She's sharp as a tack.  Her teacher will love her and I've never in my whole life seen someone who is better at making friends.  (Seriously, why don't we let four and five year olds give seminars to adults on how to make friends?)
Anyway, I wish you great luck, sweetheart!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I have no doubt that she is going to do just fine. Not sure how this happened--her being old enough to go to school. It seems like a couple of months ago we were celebrating her first birthday on the ship. I am eagerly anticipating some good posts about her adventures and experiences at school. Wish her luck from me. I will be thinking about her tomrrow

DD4 said...

I'll be watching for that "Aurelia's first day at school" post, Peder and Sarah. I believe she was more than ready to start and couldn't wait for the "ready, set, go" signal. Like Josiah, she should have a blog post of her own! I would be a steady reader.