Friday, August 24, 2012

Overheard

I took the kids to the doctor this morning.  It was . . . ok, I guess.  At least everyone was declared healthy.  The shots were awful but well, Relia had decided that they would be and she was right.  Leo didn't care for them either.
Anyway, at some point I started reading the expected guidelines at various ages.  The ones that explain what is typical at each stage.  Leo is right on schedule.  Relia and DF have been doing the 'typical' stuff for some time.  So I decided to look and see how many things on the three year old list DF is doing.  Most of them, but there were some that I didn't know about.

Me: DF, are you a boy or a girl?
DF: I'm a grill.
Me: (chuckling) You're a boy, buddy.
Relia: (getting in on it and deciding to use his favorite cartoon)  Is Rosie a girl?
DF: Yes, Rosie is a girl.
Relia: And Cailou? 
DF: Cailou is, is . . . playing with rockets!

I think Freud would have a field day with that response.

No comments: