Sunday, September 23, 2007

Viking update

Just finished watching the game. They got screwed on the touchdown call which would have put them ahead 14-0. These things happen in sports and I'm not too upset by it. The problem is that this Viking team isn't good enough to make up for losses like this. Well, I wasn't expecting this to be a winning season anyway. Guess this just ensures a better draft pick next year.
What do I want out of the rest of the season? A win over Green Bay (next week would be fine). Some improvement on the offense, especially from the receivers. A rookie-of-the-year award for Peterson wouldn't be bad. And sustained play from the defense.
Am I giving up on the team? No. It wouldn't take much more from the offense to make this a good team. If they could start finishing drives with touchdowns and get into the three offensive touchdown per game range, they'd win most games. I don't expect that to happen but it sure could.

No comments: