Saturday, September 29, 2007

Random Saturday Night thoughts

  • Live! from the living room...
  • So we just got done watching 'Yi Yi' a movie about a Taiwanese family. I was pointed to it by Ken Jennings back in July (just turned up in our Netflix). He described it as 'an intimately-scaled movie that still manages to tackle all of life’s big questions. It’s an undeniably foreign film that doesn’t have an inaccessible second in it.' I'll agree with that but add the warning that it's a long movie so plan an intermission somewhere. (Watching long movies in Chinese takes care of my arty-geek cred, right?)
  • No book review this month from the Great American Novel project. I opened 'The Scarlet Letter' a few times but could never stick it out. I'll get to it at some point but not yet. Still trying to figure out how to fit reading into my schedule. It usually comes down to a choice between reading and sleep. It's surprising how often sleep wins.
  • Relia got to spend time with all four of her grandparents this week. Dad came up on Thursday and spent some time with us. Even watched her for an hour and a half so we could go for a walk on our own. Today we got together with Mom for lunch. All very nice.
  • How are the cats accepting her? I think they're both a little attention starved. Sana hangs out on the second floor and is crazy happy to see us when we go up for bed. She'll get over it (I hope). Ozzie takes her in stride. Today he came to walk around on my chest. She was already on one side of it so he just walked right on top of her. Don't worry, I moved him. She made a noise and he turned to sniff her. She hit him in the nose but he didn't seem to take it personally. I think they'll get along just fine.
  • Does anyone else associate the leaves turning with U2? Just me?
  • Not much else happening around here. The FP Gal put together a wonderful video of Aurelia's first month. Be careful about watching it, you might get the 'Little Potato' song stuck in your head.
  • That's it!

1 comment:

carrster said...

Eh, I found The Scarlet Letter to be quite dull.

LOVED the first month vid for Miss Aurelia. Loved it.

What email do you use for Netflix? Let me know so we can "be friends" and I can snoop your queue. Heh.

I don't associate U2 with the leaves changing - maybe that's because I've only seen them in the winter & the summer (my parents wouldn't let me go to the fall show in '87 - JOSHUA TREE - GAH!!!!!) (crap, I'm old!)