Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a week!

Sorry for the slow blogging this week. This was my first week back to work and it's been a tough one. Monday morning felt like the first day of school. The colder weather and waking up to an alarm for the first time in weeks really sold the illusion. I felt like I should gather my notebooks and pencil box and keep an eye out for the bus.
It was good to see people at work but I didn't miss the actual job. It's surprising how fast it all come back to you though. By Monday afternoon I was already dealing with cranky TA's and unreasonable travelers. Yep, if you make a last minute change to your plans it will cost lots and lots of money. And no, it's not my fault that your business plans changed at the last minute. Take it out on someone else.
Monday night brought the first real challenge. I work ten hour days so the FP Gal is on her own for 11+ hours. When I got home she had an angry thought bubble over her head that said "Someone else take her!". She let me settle in a bit and then I took her. She fell asleep on my chest like a little angel. This was a big mistake as she would not go to sleep later. About 230a I woke up the wife and passed her off. She used her magic powers to settle her instantly. I don't know that trick yet.
The rest of the week was much the same (though with more sleep). The trouble with long work days is that it leaves very little down time at home. We're still figuring out how to balance things so that we both get time alone.
Thursday (my day off) we ran some errands, including grocery shopping at a Super Target. Not bad. The prices are comparable and the selection is a little different. We've got one opening near us next month and we may need to mix in some shopping from there occasionally. Yep, we love the big box stores!
Yesterday, the FP Gal had an all day wedding to shoot meaning 'Relia would be in my care all day. (Remember, it's not baby-sitting if it's your own children.) The day went fine in the early part. I warmed milk and bottle fed her. Changing was ok. After 6p or so she didn't want to calm down. I finally got her to sleep on my chest about 730p and the Ozzie decided it was time to sharpen his claws on the couch. That riled up daddy and woke up baby. She didn't calm again until midnight or so. The FP Gal thinks she may have a touch of gas or something. An unhappy baby really takes it out of you. It's a good thing we love her so much that we're willing to go through this.

1 comment:

Meigan said...

Yea Super Target!

It's one of those things they don't really talk about in all of those baby books. How much work it is to take care of them. I get the bubble every single day - for 5+ years. I've said it 1000 times - my husband has the tougher job!