Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What's changed?

Someone asked me today what's changed since Aurelia arrived. The biggest thing is just the sheer amount of responsibility that's been added. Once of us has to account for her at all times. The FP Gal and I are both pretty independent people. We're used to each going our own ways here at home. Usually with me disappearing to the third floor for hours at a time. That's the big change.
I'm tempted to say that I've gained a huge awareness of the future as I see her going to kindergarten/high school/college. There is something to that but it doesn't pay to dwell on that too much. She'll be walking and talking soon enough without any worries on our part. Someday she'll even be dating. (Note to self, look into gun training.)
My dad says that he learned enormously from his kids. I'm sure there are many lessons to follow. So far the big one is that there is a little someone who sometimes needs all of my attention and those times are completely on her schedule.

No comments: