Friday, November 30, 2007

NaNoWriMo

If you look over to your right, you'll see that I crossed the 50k mark yesterday. That's the beauty of this thing, as long as you have enough total words down the quality doesn't really matter. No one will ever read it unless you let them.
Well, here's the deal, I know there has been some interest from you guys to actually read this thing. So I'm figuring out a way to do that. I don't want to clog up this blog with a huge unreadable section. Instead, I'm going to start a different blog and put up 1000 or so words per day.
Keep in mind that I didn't write this as a serial so it won't be filled with daily cliffhangers. I'll try to make cut offs logical, of course. Also, don't feel like you have to go over and read it. I can't track these things, so you won't be hurting my feelings.
The story still has another week or ten days of writing, so don't expect anything until closer to mid December. I'll put a post up then with the new address. And then I'll stop talking about it over here.
How was the writing this year? Very difficult. It was a year of obstacles. I've been sick, had my computer down for a couple of days, had lots of family stuff and of course a baby to look after.
Did I enjoy it? Very much so. It's amazing to me how stories take on a life of their own. Once I started digging into it, different avenues and ideas just started opening up.
Will I do this again next year? Wife willing I will. And I'll also encourage many of you to join me!

2 comments:

DD4 said...

I'm anxious to read your novel, Peder.

Sarita said...

Congratulations! I'm very proud of you.