Monday, November 19, 2007

Random Monday Night Stuff

  • Yay, a random post! (These are some of my favorites to write. Unfortunately, there is an inverse relationship between how much I enjoy them and how easy they are to understand.)
  • Very foggy today and I liked it. The forecast calls for cold and possibly snow starting Thursday. I remember when I was young it seemed that we always had a white Thanksgiving. It must be drier now because they've been green/brown for the most part. Kind of sad.
  • Being a sports fan means seeing the same commercials over and over and over. This leads to some obvious questions. Is there a construction company in this country that expects it's employees to use their own trucks on the site? And are you really telling me that any sizeable number of the truck owning population would ever risk their very expensive new vehicles by just throwing concrete blocks in the bed? How stupid do you think we are?
  • Speaking of trucks, there must be some way to angle their headlights so as not to blind car drivers. This isn't rocket science. (Yes, there is physics involved in both but it's clearly different.)
  • Related note, would it be legal to rig a mirror for my back window? When one of these guys needs to drive on my back bumper I could pull a cord or something and shine those brights right back at him. Not legal? Can I talk to a legislator about this?
  • Speaking of laws that should be passed, here is an obvious one and I don't know why we don't have it. Pregnant women should be issued a handicapped parking sign for their last few months. They need close parking more than a number of current recipients. Some smart pol will figure this out someday and be swept into office.
  • American Pie lyrics and explanation found here. I used to like this song. Then I worked at a bar where you could hear it ten times a day during a pool tournament. If I never hear it again, that will be fine with me.
  • This post is sounding ranty and angry and I don't mean it to. I'm looking forward to good food and seeing family this week. Should be great fun!

3 comments:

carrster said...

I SO agree with you on the one about the pg ladies & parking tags for the last couple months....last night the parking lot at Cub was TOTALLY full (not one spot) and I had to walk very very far (with a very very sore...uh, pelvis...sorry) just to pick up milk, eggs and low-carb juice! I'm such a whiner.

Brian said...

WA state allows this. You get a note from you DR.

DD4 said...

Sam's Club in Rochester has one or two spots (closest to the entry doors) reserved for pregnant women.

I'm glad I get to participate in the family fun you mentioned.