Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Woman's Work


There have been about half a dozen babies born into my office this year (with two more on the way). One of the ladies that I worked closely with for about two years just had a boy last Friday. There must be something in the water or something.
Even amongst my friends who blog, there has been a rush of them. There's Holly who went early. And Carrie who only has a month or so left. Laurie caught on this fall. And who knows when she'll start telling people.
Anyway, I'm too busy to put together a real post, so I thought I'd put up a video of a gorgeous Kate Bush song. Yes, it's really for dads-in-waiting but maybe the rest of you can enjoy it too.

7 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Was that in that movie, the one with Kevin Bacon ("one" that is funny.) and the chick who is not Elizabeth Perkins, but I always think that is her name, and I THINK its called She's having a baby or something? That movie is FUNNY! The parents at the end of the bed with miner's helmets critiquing how they are having sex to get pregnant. Ha ha. Thank you, I know you meant that seriously, but it gave me another thought and a giggle.

See how my mind is warped?

Hans said...

To piggy-back on what Mommy said, I think that the montage from She's Having A Baby would have made a better video than this one. I love this song and have for a very long time...

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Wow. If I may, I'd just like to announce something completely unexpected myself, if that's all right?

I'm pregnant.

Not quite sure how it all happened, but I'm looking forward to the Blessed Event, that's for certain *cries tears of joy*.

Hans said...

Andrew, when you become hormonal and need a shoulder to cry upon, you can call me.

Peder said...

Yep, it was in 'She's Having a Baby', and I agree that the actual scene from the movie might have been better.
Andrew, good for you! It'll change your life completely. I'm guessing the first change will be a battery of medical tests to see how this happened in the first place. An appearance on Oprah can't be far behind.

Alfred T. Mahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alfred T. Mahan said...

Hans, I figured I could, you being a Sensitive Caring member of the United States Navy and all.

Peder, I blame the medication regimen I'm on, personally, but as long as I get my Congresionally-mandated Fifteen Minutes Of Fame, I imagine I'll survive the shock. The fun will be the naming, of course, but Josiah Snelling will be hard to top.