Sunday, November 18, 2007

Note to bettors

When we put Relia in her Viking sleeper she immediately started crying. Under the rule that babies can sense oncoming thunderstorms, earthquakes and embarrassing football games that probably doesn't mean good news for the Purple today. I've picked them to win (another bad sign) but it's easy to see where today could go badly for them.
A few T-Jack interceptions and a missed receiver or two and the Raiders get a couple of touchdowns. Meanwhile, the Vikes of last week looked like they may never score a point again. Yuck, I feel sick just typing that.
Hold on Relia! The Vikings really are more fun to watch than they've shown this year. Really, I promise. (Does anyone have tape of the '98 Vikings that I can show her?)

Update: Maybe I should make a cynical prediction about the Vikes every week. That seems to almost guarantee a victory.

3 comments:

I Love Barbershop said...

I guess cute little Relia is off the hook now that the Vikes won!!
Yea, Relia!!!

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Boy, wasn't Mr. Taylor a nice surprise this week? Incidentally, maybe Aurelia was just indicating she wants a jersey?

Meigan said...

Hey Peder - my luck is changing. Last week I didn't pick the Vikes & they lost & this week I picked them & they won. I was happy to see it! My 5-year-old started crying Sunday when I tried to put her Vikings jersey on her because she wanted to wear green instead. We settled for a gold shirt.