Friday, November 23, 2007

Post Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a good day. The FP Gal took Relia over to her folks to start cooking. That's her favorite part of turkey day, maybe her dad's favorite, too. That left me the house to myself and I got some writing done.
I went over there at 1130a or so. That let me watch the Fox pregame special where Brettie was proclaimed to be the best person in the world. That was super fun, let me tell you! We had the game on there, but muted with subtitles. This brings a unique view to a football game. The inane chatter is about two plays behind and sometimes that's an improvement.
The food was very yummy. I'd mentioned to the FP Gal that I've never had the drumstick so she made sure I got one this year. It wasn't anymore special than the rest of the turkey so I can gladly give them to someone else in the future.
Then it was off to Austin to see a different section of the family. Two of my cousins were there with their nine (9) children. Having them all under one roof is kind of like sharing a room with a tornado. More hugs though. Again, lots of fun. (My quick count has her in contact with 27 family members, mostly new to her, in about 48 hours.)
The Austin branch had helped out at the Salvation Army that morning, helping get hot meals to hungry people. It was covered by the news so we go to see them on TV. After they were done, they got to bring some food back with them so eating was buffet style. There was even some traditional Chinese food just like the pilgrims ate.
Then back home. It was great to see everyone but the FP Gal and I greatly benefited from the car rides there and back. Lately all we talk about it is her projects/my projects or what else to try when Relia is crying. While she was asleep in the back, we could just chat nicely. I might be most thankful for that.

1 comment:

Meigan said...

Be thankful she enjoys the ride home. Both my kids screamed the whole way to Austin & back when they were babies. Not fun!

Oh - and the girls & I were reading yesterday that the first Thanksgiving food included venison, duck, berries, porridge & seafood. No turkey. So I think Chinese food is perfect!

*ignoring the brettie comment*