Monday, April 19, 2010

Bug in the Bed

Last night around 3a, Relia burst into our room screaming about a bug in her bed. It was the FP Gal's turn for overnight duty so she moved to settle her down. I'm fuzzy on what happened from then on. At one point Relia was in bed with us. She was also on the floor next to the bed. And the FP Gal put her back in bed during a particularly noisy period. As I dozed on and off, my brain somehow turned this into a movie called 'Bug in the Bed'.
I told the FP Gal about this movie this morning. She told me that she didn't want to spoil the ending but it turned out to be a frog. Relia sadly said, "Lots of frogs".

Before putting her to bed tonight we assured her that the bed was clear of all frogs, cows and any other animal that might wander through. We also assured her even if there were some animals, they would want her to sleep calmly. I've got no idea if she bought it or not. She already had some kind of nightmare about 930p. Here's hoping that there are no more!

---

Oh, and this is only kind of related but I wanted to share anyway. The kitties caught a mouse last night. Our euphemism for this is 'celebrating the feast of St Muridae'. (Ask the FP Gal.) I removed the evidence before any young questioning eyes could see.

3 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Latin jokes ut lucror!

Sarita said...

Not only was it "lots of frogs", but later, it was "all the frogs"

Anonymous said...

stories like this make me hesitant to move my child out of the crib. I enjoy my sleep too much....and i am the one always on nighttime duty in our house...sadly.