Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Housekeeping

The blogging has been a bit on the weak side lately. Sorry about that. That may continue for a bit. I've got a couple of short term reading lists to work through and I'm still fighting this darn cold. Plus various parenting and work stuff is taking up bunches of time.
About the cold, I went to the doctor today. They think that it might be a combination of allergies and a touch of asthma that is propelling a regular cold into a lengthy affair. It hasn't been severe the whole time, mostly just a tickle and a cough (though it's been a real doozy at times). I've got some maintenance type medication that will hopefully help out.
The parenting stuff is just the same old, same old. Relia has gotten much better at calming herself overnight since we installed the lights. It feels weird to tell her to stay in bed until the lights turn off but it seems to work. Sunday night was a notable exception. I was up with her three separate times. The awful thing was that in-between times I dreamed that I was up with her. Needless to say, Monday was not so happy.
Work? Well, still the 10 hour days. That takes up a bunch of time. And we're still pretty busy so it really wears. But it's a living. And there are much harder jobs out there.
Anyway, that's what is going on.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but are you using a Neti Pot? works wonders on both colds and allergies. Don't know. It's gross, but it works when nothing else does and I haven't been sick all winter. Hang in there.

carrster said...

Good to hear from you! I was starting to think maybe Baby Felix was making his debut!

Good luck with the cold, I second Kate's mention of the neti pot. :)