Sunday, February 06, 2011

Super Bowl Pick

It's that time of year again, where sports fan all over the country spend four hours hoping for good commercials. A good competitive game is a plus but hardly necessary. This year's match up is very interesting. It pits the smallest market team in all of professional sports (Green Bay) against the third smallest market in the NFL (Pittsburgh). Despite all of the smallness, I've heard that this is expected to be the highest rated game ever, which would put it in the highest broadcast ratings ever range. The reasons are simple to understand. These are two old teams with nationwide established fan bases.
So who wins? Both of them are among the best teams in the NFL this season. Most years we get at least one team that simply got hot at the right time. These two teams were good the whole time. There are interesting match ups of course. The Packers offense can be unstoppable. The Steelers defense can be immovable. This really could be an excellent game.
Frankly, I can't stand either of these teams. Their well established fan bases are among the most annoying in fandom and I'm not looking forward to either one of them with another championship under their belt. In my case in particular, I know more Packers fans so that helps my cheering interest. While some of them are very nice, others are simply insufferable. So while I'll cheer against the Packers I expect them to win.

In all honesty, I may have to cheer for the referees...

No comments: