Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Little Bit Warm

We were up over freezing today and tomorrow we could reach 40 degrees. We might have to get out the kiddie pool and umbrella drinks. At the very least, open some windows and clear the air. When I'm up on the third floor I'm breathing air from October. Time for a change.
There is a downside to all of this. If we have a fast melt it'll lead to flooded basements and exploding ice dams. (Actually, I'm not sure exactly what ice dams do. I have no doubt that I'll learn in the next few weeks.)
On the other hand it would be sooooo nice to have our roads back. Minneapolis has done as good a job as they can at plowing but the snow banks are at least a couple of feet into the street. The parking restrictions (only on one side) are getting hard to work with. All of the space on our block has been taken up. And I can't imagine how bad things are over by Uptown where parking is always at a premium! Restrictions last until April 1st, unless conditions improve enough to lift them earlier.
Bring on Spring!

No comments: