Monday, March 07, 2011

Meta Blog Post

I've been looking back over the last few months of this blog and I'm not really thrilled with the content. Neither the amount nor the quality. I think there are a couple of things that are playing into that.
  • Kids. Two kids take up sooooo much more of my creative time than one did. That's especially true with DF. Months ago he always needed watching but didn't need a lot of hands on care, now not so much.
  • Other media. I have so much trouble figuring out whether to post something here, on Facebook or at Twitter. Quite often this means that the post simply disappears into the back of my head never to be seen again. I've got some ideas on how to fix this. The first step is to admit that it's happening.
  • Lack of feedback. I'm not sure what happened but it seems like my audience went silent about four months ago. I don't know how many people still visit the blog on a regular basis, though I know that the number is down. Looking around at my blog tree, it seems like quite a few dry spells out there. Has the blogging moment passed?
  • Blah weather. Yep, this winter is getting to me. I could easily dash off an 'I hate winter' post every morning. No one (myself included) would want to actually read them. Some spring weather would improve my mood quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out some blog things. Any questions or suggestions would be welcome.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I check your blog every day. I read the blogs mostly on my i-touch. It is not real easy to leave comments with the i-touch. I think we have all hit a blog rut. I know I love the kids updates. I always laugh at the overheard! I enjoyed the movie reviews, but I understand time to watch movies right now is tough. I think we all just need some warmer weather!

I Love Barbershop said...

I read your blog daily also, just like Heidi. I don't have a real good excuse for not commenting.

It makes us all feel connected to hear about what goes on in the world of Peder, Sarah and the kids.

We also get to see and hear how the kids are growing up and changing and also what you are up to.

Keep up the great job, Peder.

carrster said...

I'm here daily too - and I try to comment lots! But yes, I've hit a blogging rut myself. I think I have enough time, but I just don't. That'll change, but right now it's just very difficult.

Keep writing, people are still reading! I love being so 'in touch' with your guys' life!

AJ's Cafe said...

Hi Peder! I am a fellow reader! I enjoy hearing about your sweet, silly, challenging family; as those days seem not so long ago for me. Brings back memories! Keep hanging in there! Raising kiddos takes time, emotional and mental energy..... but, so worth it! :) You and Sarah have such full lives! Enjoy despite the gloomy, slippery, dark winter! Please keep blogging! :) I wish I had something like this to look back on for sure!!!!! Love the pics, overheard, and just everyday life! Hugs to you all! Let us know when you're heading to Austin....

DD4 said...

Dear Peder, you already know I am a faithful reader, so PLEASE don't stop blogging. I love the "overheard" and your takes on movies, plus pictures, pictures, pictures of the angels. I do miss pictures of the kitties, however.

Love from your biggest fan, Mom