Saturday, June 25, 2011

Coke Freestyle

(The second word in the title should be italicized, but I don't know how to do that. To get the full FP experience, go back and read it as if it is italicized. Go ahead, I'll wait.)
Today we entered week two of our summer experiment to live in our home as if at a rustic cabin without a kitchen sink or a dishwasher. That hasn't made our kitchen unusable but it has made me strongly averse to dirtying any dishes. Well, not just me. Anyway, as a direct result we have been eating out more lately. The FP Gal said she budgeted for it, so there you go.
Today we packed up the clan and went to Davanni's restaurant for a mix of pizza and hoagies. Very yummy stuff. It has long been a favorite of the FP Gal seeing as she grew up here in the Cities around them. I was introduced to them at work, it being one of our go-tos for takeout lunch.
Anyway, we went there to eat but also to see their new attraction. A Coca-Cola freestyle machine. Basically it is a fountain pop machine where you can take any basic coke beverage and mix it with flavors like cherry, raspberry and vanilla. Here is a sample video:

Easy to use and you can't complain about lack of options.

I do have a couple of criticisms though:
  • You can't control the portions of the mixture. I thought the vanilla was too strong for the Coke Zero, though raspberry wasn't bad.
  • Not all basic colas have all flavor options, or at least it seemed that way to me.
  • It might be nice to be able to mix more than one flavor.
But really, these are just quibbles, especially since this is obviously very new technology. And I don't want to lose sight of the important piece here. There is now a restaurant in the Cities that has Coke Zero on tap. Yay! Hip hip hooray!

No comments: