Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer

Today was the first day of the FP Gal's summer break. Obviously that will make life around the house very different. Since both of us are home during the day we can more easily plan things to do.
We started out with the Minnesota zoo today. It was much busier than I'm used to. One of the advantages of being a stay at home parent is that you can pick and choose a little as to when you go places. That means I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to crowds. The FP Gal didn't think it was crowded at all.
Weather has been fairly cool here for the past few days. Last week we went from being the hottest city in the country (honestly) to very cool June weather. Highs in the 50's and 60's kind of cool. It's hard to figure. Though if I have to choose between an unusually cool summer or an unusually hot one, I'd go for the cool one every year!

1 comment:

DD4 said...

I'm with you - - I vote for cooler summers!