Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hot

It is very, very swampy here in our neck of the woods. High temps and high humidty and the dew point? Well, it is in a bad place. (I'm just going to go ahead and admit that I don't really understand the dew point. The higher it is, the more uncomfortable? Is that right?)
I've always thought that 100% humidity should mean that you are underwater. If there is still air around you then the humidity can't be the full 100, right? Well, we feel like it is very close to that here. Like just one more little nudge and it would be like being at the bottom of a very hot pool.
Earlier tonight we left Target and both the FP Gal and I were instantly blind as our glasses fogged over. I've run into that a few times in the winter but never in the summer. This morning we were at SeaLife (or what it's called now, the aquarium at the MOA) and the tanks there were sweating.
It should be like this through Wednesday. Work is going to be hell this week. I'll be packing ice packs and maybe a tub of water for my feet. Two fans going and we'll see what else.
Ugh.

3 comments:

carrster said...

Well, obviously we didn't stop at your house today - I decided to forge ahead (& was caravanning with Steve at some point - long story)...then we got way-laid with an unfortunate muffler problem (his not mine) then a pooping issue (August's, not mine) & the trip took about 5 hours. Thank GOD for air conditioning. Hope you didn't melt today!! Thanks for the phone call, that was really sweet.

DD4 said...

I'll be thinking of you in your office. Perhaps Sarah could check in on you from time to time to be sure you are okay.

Like you - I hate this weather!!

Sarita said...

I'll be looking for Facebook updates every 15 minutes. -And tomorrow I'm planning to put in the window AC unit that FP has poo poo'd 'til now.