Saturday, July 16, 2011

Online Dating

Before you read this post, please read this. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ready? Wasn't that sweet? Ok, so you may know that the FP Gal and I met online some seven years ago. (At least that is what the calendar says. Somehow it was both forever ago and last year.) I had been doing the online dating thing for about six months before we connected. We had both been active on Match.com and Yahoo personals but it took a while before we found each other.
I had made a decision that I would try one more batch of girls and if none of them worked out, I was going to pull up stakes and move out west. Sure enough, we clicked and if you've been reading this blog you know that it has all worked out very well. Still wish we could move out west though . . .

Anyway, we has also both been on eharmony.com at an earlier point. I always giggle when I hear their commercials. They promise some huge level of satisfaction but that wasn't the way for me. In four months I had a grand total of three matches. Only one of those made it to the dating stage and (obviously) it didn't work out.
If I had some extra money on hand I would love to do an experiment. I'd invite ten happily married couples to all enter their info and see they get matched up. Would be interesting to see how they do, no?

2 comments:

carrster said...

That was very sweet!

I remember being in the online dating pool at the same time as you! Early 2004 must've been a good year. :)

Kate said...

I've tried. Seriously, or not. But maybe I'm a chicken.