Sunday, April 30, 2006

Draft Day One Results

Well, after one day of drafting we know exactly one thing: I don't know what I'm talking about. Now that that's out of the way, what did we do? The best wrapup I've seen is here at Vikesgeek.com, analysis and video of some of the players. Who'd we get?

Chad Greenway LB
Cedric Griffin CB
Ryan Cook C
Tarvaris Jackson QB

The first two picks are about where they were expected to go. The second two are both projects who were picked well ahead of when they were expected to go. I'm not going to pretend that I know enough about college football players to analyize their worth but this doesn't really make me feel more comfortable. These picks scream 'Let me prove I'm the smartest guy in the league!' and that's the route to real trouble.
Curious to see how the second day goes. And of course won't make any serious judgements until seeing the team play this fall. Go Vikes!

No comments: