Sunday, April 09, 2006

Roxane RIP

She finally passed this morning. She started to crash about midweek. We did what we could for her as far as making her comfortable. She hid this morning (with her favorites, the shoes). We found her and let her be. When we returned this morning from breakfast she called to us. We brought her out and laid her on the couch. She faded quickly and was gone.
I don't know if cats have souls or if they continue on in another life. I can only hope that she's happy somewhere. I loved her very much and she loved me back. She was special and she gave me great joy.
Rest in peace, little grey tiger. Rest in peace.

3 comments:

Peder said...

If there's any benefit to a long sickness it's that you get a chance to frontload some of the grief. It was obvious yesterday that the end was near. We were talking about euthanasia options when she took it out of our hands. She really was adorable.

carrster said...

Oh Peder & Sarah, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though you had some warning ahead of time, it's never easy to lose someone you love. I'm sending lots of positive universe warm fuzzy vibes your (and her) way.

j said...

I'm so sorry. She was a good cat.