Friday, July 07, 2006

Random Friday morning stuff

  • It's been a long time since I've had a kitten in my life and I've forgotten some of the joys of a smaller cat. The simplest is that you can pick them up with one hand. Ozzie has a habit of walking on to the computer desk and rubbing the top of his head on my chin. Could not be more endearing.
  • Hon, you know that old sewing machine on the porch? Some Jehovah's Witnesses expressed interest in it this morning. I couldn't figure out a good way of putting you in touch with them that didn't involve listening to their speil. Sorry.
  • The FP Gal fell asleep fairly early last night. On the couch while watching 'The Office'. (Which gave me the chance to turn it to baseball!) Later I woke her and urged her to go up to the bedroom. She yelled to me as she went upstairs, 'Take the cod out of the freezer'. Cod? Seriously? I yelled back, 'Put it in the fridge to thaw?' but she didn't hear me. Where did we get Cod from? Who would give us Cod? I went to the freezer. Oh! Take the 'pop' out of the freezer. Done.
  • The whole pop in the freezer thing is sometimes a bone of contention. I've got an irrational sense that it will explode about three seconds after the door is closed. Apparently, this is something she grew up doing. She thinks that my habit of pulling toast out of the toaster with a knife is strange. Different upbringings, I guess. Anyway, we've quieted my exploding Dr Pepper fears with a plastic container to shield the rest of the frozen goods.
  • Guess that's it.

No comments: