Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Random Tuesday stuff

  • Last week I mentioned the FP Gal's habit of cooling pop in the freezer. After several mishaps we've put a bit of tuperware in there to protect the rest of the food. Well...we had our first casualty this weekend. The tuperware came through fine but the pop can is ruined. Good news, she got to have a few spoonfuls of Dr Pepper slushie.
  • She'd like to add that it didn't explode after just an hour. It took about eight hours. My question is simple, if you're checking on the pop to time when it explodes why not just take it out? Maybe some kind of science project.
  • Speaking of kitchen happenings, my onion bagels didn't make it through the day. The crime scene was analayzed by the resident wife and it was determined that a team of feline roughians got them. We think Ozzie knocked them down from the counter and then Sana finished them off on the floor. Poor things. Now I have to use the Garlic & Herb cream cheese on something else.
  • I mentioned that I'm working at another site for a few weeks. How's it going? Well, I'm getting up to early. The traffic stinks. And I don't have Outlook, Excel or Word, all of which I need at times. I don't even have a phone. (And I'm loads of fun when I get home at night. Sorry hon.)
  • What else about the site? Of the 100+ male employees at this office, all but 5 or 6 are over 6 feet tall. No idea why. It makes me feel like I should steal a map of time from God and go on a robbing spree.
  • If that isn't the most obscure movie reference I've ever made on this blog, I don't know what is.
  • That's all!

2 comments:

j said...

Is that from Time Bandits

MamaD4 said...

How about a Dr. Pepper/garlic & herb cream cheese smoothie? The exploding pop can used to happen to me too--then I discovered the beauty of the fridge pack. But I understand--Dr. Pepper really tastes best when it's so cold that it bites the back of your throat. OK JODI--what gives? There is a ring on your finger and it's annoying everyone in Japan not to know. Everyone in Yokosuka and Sasebo, anyway. Hans noticed and he's not terribly observative when he's busy underway. What do you know Peder? Dish.