Monday, July 31, 2006

It. Is. Too. Hot.

We crossed 100 degrees today in Minneapolis. Was surprised to hear that it's the first time it's done so in eleven years. That's right, July 13th 1995. And I actually remember that stretch of weather. I'd just moved up here in late May. With Hans as a reference I got a job cooking at Pizza Hut. (That's where I met Jodi for those keeping score.) I didn't have a car, so I walked to and from Dinkytown every day. The air conditioner in our apartment was pitiful at best. There's an excellent chance that on that previous 100 degree day I walked back down to the Hut to do a crossword and have some 'za where it was cool.
BTW, I still had my beautiful ponytail (sob).

5 comments:

DD4 said...

Why don't you grow another ponytail?

carrster said...

I remember that summer too. Ugh. It was hot...my roomie & I ended up pitching a tent in the vacant lot next to our apt (here in Duluth) to sleep because our 2nd story no-airconditioning apartment was too much!

Of course this summer has been equally as hot for us. But hey, winter's very long cold and dark so I can't complain (too much).

Sarita said...

There are two very good reasons behind my lack of a ponytail. First, the FP Gal would leave me. Maybe she's kidding, but I don't want to risk it. And B, I no longer grow hair in enough area to really grow one well enough. Maybe with Monoxadil...

Peder said...

The above comment is really mine. We're still figuring out this whole shared computer thing.

MamaD4 said...

It's funny, Donna and I were just discussing your ponytail for some reason...I think we were debating its existence in 2001 when I first met you. I insisted that when I met you (at Barnes & Noble one evening) that you had a ponytail. I think she was arguing the other side. Arguing, of course, being a strong word--more like speculating. Anyway. I agree with FP Gal--the bald headed look suits you. I have to warn you--I'm not sure Minoxidil works on the De For scalp. Let's just say I have some insider knowledge on that subject.